Nick Jonas has been hired as the musical and creative director of Demi Lovato's Neon Lights tour.
The former Jonas Brothers singer, who parted ways with the band four months ago, shares the same manager as the "Let It Go" hitmaker and was thrilled to be offered the position ahead of the tour, which kicks off on February 9 in Vancouver. "I'm overseeing video content, wardrobe, lighting and staging. And then I'm extending into the musical side of things, which includes creating the arrangements for the songs. I'm building what Demi wanted, which is a show without stops and starts," he told Rolling Stone.
The 21-year-old performer, who was previously in a band with his brothers Kevin, 26, and Joe, 24, and has been close friends with Demi for a number of years. "I was immediately excited when I was offered the position. The relationship that Demi and I had over eight years really gives me the insight into how to best communicate with her and her team," he continued.
The Jonas Brothers won't release their fifth album.
The trio - brothers Kevin, Joe and Nick Jonas - announced yesterday that they are to go their separate ways, and now they have confirmed the proposed record won't see the light of day, though they will bring out a small number of tracks "for the fans."
"The album will actually not be completed, but we will be doing something for our fans. They have traveled with us and been with us for so many years that we did not want to just leave without giving them back something. So what we're going to do is, we're going to release four unreleased songs from the album. The rest of the album will be never released," Kevin said.
Nick admitted the decision to separate came after he "initiated" a discussion about their future and says it triggered a "tough" conversation. "In a nutshell, I said, 'Look, I feel like we've had some complications within the group for a long time without addressing them. I think this train will fall off the tracks without really getting real about some of the concerns and some of the limitations that we may feel as individuals in the group.' It was a tough conversation... It was the first time we really had that real conversation. It was a few days of working through it," he said on Good Morning America.
The Jonas Brothers have confirmed they have split. The "Pom Poms" hitmakers - made up of siblings Kevin, 25, Joe, 24, and 21-year-old Nick, sparked speculation they had split earlier this month after cancelling their tour due to a "deep rift within the band" and deleting their Twitter account have confirmed they are going their separate ways - though they haven't ruled out getting back together in future.
"It's over for now," Kevin said. Nick added, "It's really hard to say 'forever.' We're closing a chapter, for sure."
The fate of the Jonas Brothers hasn't looked too good lately amidst the cancellation of their latest tour and the deletion of their official Twitter account. Many fans, however, became hopeful when 2/3 of the band posted some reassuring words on their personal Twitter accounts.
"Bear with us," Nick, 21, posted while his brother Joe, 24, asked fans to "please hold while we get our s—t together."
Read More | People
The Jonas Brothers are releasing their new single "Pom Poms" this spring. The American trio have already filmed the music video for the newly-announced track in New Orleans, where On Air With Ryan Seacrest reports the brothers reigned in the help of two cheerleading teams and a marching band from Southern University.
Eldest brother Kevin, 25, announced last week the group have finally completed their fifth studio album and will be releasing the record later this year: "We wanted to take a little extra time on it to make sure it was right, and we've been working for almost a year now on it and it's time and now we're back on the road."
Kevin and his brothers - Joe and Nick - are playing shows in Latin and South America at the end of March and are bringing their brother-in-law Mikey Deleasa along for the journey as their opening act.
The Jonas Brothers are being sued by a woman who claims she was crushed at one of their concerts three years ago.
Ashleigh Johnson is taking legal action against the band - made up of siblings Nick, Kevin and Joe Jonas - and The Grove shopping center in Los Angeles, where the free gig took place in 2009.
Johnson says she ended up traumatized after being caught up in a crush of fans and is suing both parties for negligence, claiming they both knew a large number of people - including many minors - would show up. According to the lawsuit, which was filed on Monday, Johnson also claims proper security measures were not in place at the packed outdoor shopping mall.
Johnson alleges she suffered "severe injury to her body and shock to her nervous system" after being pinned against a fence, as well as "great mental...and nervous pain."
The Jonas Brothers "could release new music by end of the year." Joe Jonas says he and brothers Kevin and Nick are back in the studio and preparing new material, which could be ready for release sooner than fans think.
"I think before the end of the year definitely. We've got a couple opportunities this year concert-wise that we might do so you might hear it there!" he said.
The Jonas Brothers will have to go without a warm-up act during their international tour.
Singer Demi Lovato -- who had been performing with the boys -- abruptly exited the tour over the weekend to cope with "emotional and physical" issues.
Lovato, who has openly talked about being bullied in her past, reportedly made the decision to seek treatment following a fight with a female dancer.
Due to the timing of her departure, Demi will not be replaced on the last few dates of the tour. The Jonas Brothers are next scheduled to perform in Santiago, Chile on Thursday.
Read More | TMZ
Rumor has it that Disney darlings the Jonas Brothers might be headed for a break up. Quoting a mysterious “family insider,” Popeater reports that “Kevin’s heart is just not in the group anymore. His wife Danielle is his number one priority.”
Nick Jonas has a solo album coming out in February, and he’ll be taking a 14-city tour to start things off. It could be a precursor to more solo projects to come…and no more brother act for the Jonas boys.
Read More | Popeater
This might possibly be even more embarrassing than Joe Jonas’ attempt of the “Single Ladies” dance.
At a Jonas Brothers concert this week in Philadelphia, Joe demonstrated why he should only be allowed to hold a microphone. Watch the beginning of this clip as he nails Nick Jonas hard with a drumstick.
That’s brotherly love for ya!
Read More | Perez Hilton
© Gear Live Media, LLC. 2007 – User-posted content, unless source is quoted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Public Domain License. Gear Live graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, videos, articles, blogs, forums, scripts and other service names are the trademarks of Gear Live Inc.