On The Bleeding Edge: Bleeding Edge TV 596: Audeze EL-8 Titanium headphones review

Morrissey Pulls Out of Second Gig Due to Illness

MorrisseyMorrissey has had to pull out of a second gig due to illness.

The former Smiths star, who is midway through his US tour, canceled a date earlier this week and had been forced to postpone another gig at Atlantic City's Revel Casino Hotel last nigt.

The legendary singer, who will release his new album World Peace Is None Of Your Business this month, is adamant he will be back on stage tonight.

"The tour will resume as originally scheduled, without question, at the Boston Opera House on Saturday, June 7," Morrissey posted on Facebook.

Meanwhile, the singer's opening act Kristen Young has rubbished rumors she had caught the same bug which is why she has been removed from the remaining dates. "@CriminalRecords @RivalEnt@solidcolt I do not have a virus. I had an allergy attack yesterday....and I am now great. But, thanks [sic]," she wrote on Twitter.

Click to continue reading Morrissey Pulls Out of Second Gig Due to Illness


Advertisement

Johnny Marr Announces New UK Tour

Johnny MarrJohnny Marr has announced a UK solo tour.

The former Smiths musician is embarking on a series of live gigs this autumn, starting on October 13 in Lincoln and finishing up in Leeds on October 29. The guitarist is expected to play songs from his 2013 solo debut, The Messenger, as well as from his second album, which is due for release around the time of the tour. He will also no doubt be performing fan favorites from The Smiths' back catalogue of hits.

Tickets go on general sale at 9am this Friday.

Johnny recently told NME he was already back in the studio recording his new album, which boasts a London feel: "I think I've got all the songs written now. It's cool. It's got a real London feel, this album. I'm recording it down there at a studio near the river - I want to capture this busy, loud, very modern place."


Rolling Stones Play First Gig Since L’Wren’s Death

The Rolling StonesThe Rolling Stones have played their first gig since the death of Mick Jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott.

The "Brown Sugar" hitmakers, also made up of Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood and Charlie Watts, resumed their 14 On Fire Tour after giving Mick time to grieve following fashion designer L'Wren's suicide two months ago. They took to the stage in Norway Monday night playing in front of 23,000 people at Oslo's Telenor Arena, the band's first show in the country since 2007.

Speaking before the gig, former Stones member Mick Taylor told The Sun, "We're all looking forward to it but we're a bit nervous. Mainly nervous for Mick," adding, "We need to get the wheels turning again."

But the legendary rockers had nothing to worry as the crowd went wild when Mick launched into "Jumpin' Jack Flash," and the band powered through hits including "It's Only Rock 'n' Roll," "Honky Tonk Woman," "Paint It Black," "Midnight Rambler," "Miss You" and "Gimme Shelter."

Click to continue reading Rolling Stones Play First Gig Since L’Wren’s Death


Janelle Monáe Scraps Australian Tour Due to Illness

Janelle MonaeJanelle Monae is "devastated" she has had to cancel her Australian tour due to illness.

The "Electric Lady" singer, who was set to perform a number of dates on her Australian and New Zealand leg of her Golden Electric Tour, had been advised by doctors to scrap the gigs and rest.

According to Billboard, a statement issued by promoters, Live Nation Australasia, said, "It has been confirmed that the remainder of the Golden Electric tour has been canceled and there will be no rescheduled performances. Ms. Monae is devastated at not being able to perform for her fans and has vowed to return to our shores in the not-too-distant future. Ticket holders will be contacted by the relevant ticketing outlet to advise of the process for obtaining a refund."

On Saturday, Janelle canceled her Melbourne show after support act Kimbra's opening performance, even though her band was already set up. The singer then canceled Monday night's show in Sydney and has now pulled the plug on the remaining dates.


One Direction Announces 2015 Tour

One DirectionOne Direction have announced a new tour for 2015.

The "You & I" heartthrobs - who are currently on their Where We Are stadium world tour - are set to visit South Africa and the United Arab Emirates for the first time next year as part of their On the Road Again tour. The jaunt marks the group's second stadium tour and will kick off in Australia in February 2015 for their first shows in the country in two years.

The boys - Harry Styles, Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson - will perform in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, before jetting off to Asia at the end of February for gigs in Japan, Thailand, the Philippines, Singapore, Hong Kong and Indonesia. March will see the "Best Song Ever" hitmakers visit South Africa for the first time to perform two gigs at Johannesburg's FNB Stadium, followed by a concert at the Cape Town Stadium in Cape Town. On April 4, 2015, the boy band will head to Dubai for their first gig in the country.

The busy stars recently kicked off their third world tour in South America and are due to begin the UK and Ireland leg this week. The latest tour will travel across Europe and North America over the summer, culminating in Atlanta, Georgia, on October 1.


Maroon 5 Announces New Album and Tour

Maroon 5Maroon 5 will release their new album V in September.

The "Moves Like Jagger" hitmakers have spent the last year recording material for their fifth album in Los Angeles, California and they've now announced that it will be available later this year. The Grammy award-winning band has also confirmed that they will be releasing a new single this summer before the album's release in the autumn.

Keyboardist Jesse Carmichael has been reunited with band members Adam Levine, Mickey Madden, James Valentine and Matt Flynn following his hiatus from the group while they recorded their fourth album Overexposed.

The band - who have also signed a worldwide tour deal with Live Nation and are expected to announce tour dates in the coming weeks - worked with producers Max Martin, One Republic's Ryan Tedder, Benny Blanco, Shellback and Sam Martin on V.

Click to continue reading Maroon 5 Announces New Album and Tour


Michael Jackson Hologram to Tour the World?

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson is set to tour the world again - as a hologram.

The late King of Pop, who was resurrected onstage at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday night thanks to advanced technology, could wow fans across the globe again five years after his death.

The producers behind the special effects extravaganza want to take their show on the road for a two-year tour and are predicted to make half a billion dollars. "It's only a matter of time before a hologram like this goes on tour. Public appetite for Michael Jackson's music has never been greater and this is a unique way of experiencing his magic," a source said.

The hologram performance at the Billboard Music Awards follows the success of a new posthumous Michael Jackson album, Xscape, which recently topped the charts in the UK. "It's so important to experience Michael Jackson in a live setting. We wanted a live performance in front of a live audience," added John Branca, the executor of the singer's estate.

Click to continue reading Michael Jackson Hologram to Tour the World?


Paul McCartney Cancels Japanese Tour

Posted by Andru Edwards Categories: Concerts / Tours, Rock

Paul McCartneyPaul McCartney has been forced to cancel his Japanese tour due to illness.

The former Beatle is believed to have contracted a virus and has scrapped the two remaining dates on his Out There Japan Tour 2014 - a gig at the Nippon Budokan hall in Tokyo, where the band first during their first Japan tour in 1966, and a concert at Yanmar Stadium in Osaka.

A message on the 71-year-old star's website states that doctors have ordered him to have a "complete rest." Promoters Kyodo Tokyo said in a statement that Paul "will regrettably have to cancel the remaining Japanese shows. Paul is still not feeling better and this cancellation is unavoidable."

The star is reportedly "upset" about the situation as "he has only ever had to reschedule a handful of shows in his entire career" and hates disappointing fans. A statement from Paul on his website reads, "Thank you so much for your kind messages of support. I'm so very touched. Unfortunately my condition has not improved overnight. I was really hoping that I'd be feeling better today. I'm so disappointed and sorry to be letting my fans down."


Culture Club Announce First Tour in 15 Years

Culture ClubCulture Club has announced their first tour in 15 years.

The band - fronted by Boy George - will play 11 UK dates and will also head back into the studio to record new material with producer Youth, who has worked with Paul McCartney, The Verve and Embrace, for an album to be released early in 2015.

The "Karma Kameleon" hitmakers - Mikey Craig, Roy Hay, Jon Moss and Boy George - sold in excess of 100 million singles and over 50 million albums, and were one of the biggest pop bands of the 1980s. They achieved seven Top 10 hits in the UK and also had big success in American and Australia. Culture Club were also the first group since The Beatles to have three Top Ten hits in America from a debut album.

Boy George also recently released his first solo album is 20 years, This Is What I Do, and said being sober for six years has helped him to focus more on his career: "Certainly being sober clears things up, it gets rid of all the cobwebs in the clouds and you start to think about things in a more professional, functional manner. It's more a question of following my instincts. As an artist, you just follow what you feel, and it felt like the right time."


Britney Spears Offered $12 Million to Extend Residency

Britney SpearsBritney Spears is close to extending her Las Vegas residency.

The "Perfume" singer, whose show Piece of Me at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino has been a huge success, has reportedly been offered $12 million to continue performing until 2016. According to New York Daily News, the pop star is close to securing a deal with Ceasers Entertainment, the parent company of Planet Hollywood, to stay on at the venue.

"Britney Spears has been a great success for the company and will be extended, if she wants to do it, and I cannot see why not. She has been filling the place every night, and she is enjoying it and is in good health," said Ceasers Palace President, Gary Selesner.

The 32-year-old star was scheduled to perform 50 shows per year in 2014 and 2015 as part of the initial deal, earning her an impressive $30 million, and Gary admitted it was a "gamble" in the beginning but he is now happy with how popular the show is and wants her to return for further dates.

Click to continue reading Britney Spears Offered $12 Million to Extend Residency


Advertisement